Unworthy Servant Luke 17:7-10 (KJV)
(Other Scriptures referenced: 1 Corinthians 6:19, John 4:35, I Cor. 15:58)
I. THERE IS WORK TO BE DONE — V 7
· Feed the Cattle · Clean the House
· Plow the Field · Cook the Food
· Plant the Seed · Set the Table
· Reap the Harvest · Serve the master his meal
II. NOW IS NOT THE TIME FOR IDLENESS — V 8a
III. HAVE THE PROPER MINDSET — V 8b-9
· He tells us where to go
· He doesn’t ask our opinion about where we serve
· He doesn’t ask our opinion about the timeline of events
in our service
· He doesn’t ask our opinion about what we would like to do
· He doesn’t ask our opinion about when to move on or how
long to stay
· HE IS THE MASTER, WE ARE THE BONDSLAVE
IV. BE STEADFAST IN YOUR SERVICE – V 10
V. REMEMBER WHO YOU SERVE – V 10
· Why do you walk in those doors? · Why do you teach that class?
· Why do you play the instrument? · Why do you work on this bldg?
· Why do you sing that solo? · Why do you serve in ministry?