A Walk-Through Ephesus:
The Mystery of Grace for All!
- The mystery of revelation…GRACE (vs 2-3)
- The mystery of WISDOM…the SPIRIT (vs 4-5)
- The mystery of SHARING…Jesus’ sacrifice for the WHOLE world (vs 6)
What does Paul say this means?
- Becoming a servant of GRACE means being an agent of GRACE! (vs 7)
- This means you must HUMBLE yourself and show HUMILITY (vs 8-9)
- The role of the CHURCH is to reveal ETERNAL WISDOM (vs 10-11)
- Being that you have been LIBERATED by Jesus through our faith in HIM (vs 12)
- Do not be DISCOURAGED at suffering. (vs 13)
God is SHARING His WHOLE SPIRIT to those who use this WISDOM to spread GRACE!
Things that need to change for us:
- We must be always a servant.
- We must always be humble.
- We must always lean into His wisdom.
- We must always liberate.
- We must not be a discourager.
We practice this mystery for deeper purposes. The world will probably hate this! But we are not doing these things to covert the world towards Jesus (although that would be nice). We do so, well look again at verse 10…
10 God’s purpose in all this was to use the church to display his wisdom in its rich variety to all the unseen rulers and authorities in the heavenly places. (NLT)
Paul is repeating himself…
Ephesians 1:21 Far above all principality and power and might and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this age but also in that which is to come.
Now look at THIS…
Daniel 7:27 Then the sovereignty, dominion, and greatness of the kingdoms under all of heaven will be given to the people, the saints of the Most High. His kingdom will be an everlasting kingdom, and all rulers will serve and obey Him.’
MOST HIGH = JESUS