THIS WEEK’S OPPORTUNITIES at Fox Street Church of God
SUNDAY: 9:45 a.m.— Morning Service —2nd Sunday of Advent
Advent Readers: Christopher & Adriane Larson
11:00 a.m. — Sunday School
5:15 p.m.— Christmas Dinner for those who signed up.
6:30 p.m.— Entertainment by Gravel Lick Acoustic
Band and is open to the public.
MONDAY: 9:00 a.m.—Backpack Ministry– packing backpacks
(see bulletin insert for list of needs)
TUESDAY: 10:00 a.m.—Coordinating Team Meeting in Chapel
WEDNESDAY: 4:30 p.m. — No Dinner
6:00 p.m. — Bible Study
THURSDAY: 6:00 p.m. — Property Finance Team Meeting in Chapel
UPCOMING ACTIVITIES and UPDATES
CWC RADA SALE — CWC will be selling Rada items just in time for Christmas. There are catalogues on the table in the narthex. If you borrow one, please return it as those are the only ones we have!
UGLY SWEATER SUNDAY — December 18th
CHRISTMAS EVE SERVICE — 6:00 p.m., as we prepare for the coming of the Savior.
CHRISTMAS DAY — 10:00 a.m. service; no Sunday school
NEW YEAR’S EVE ACTIVITIES — more details coming!
NEW YEAR’S DAY — 10:00 a.m. service; no Sunday School
The idea of making New Year’s Resolutions date back to ancient times. How have they changed here in the US? In 1947 the top 10 resolutions:
1. Improve my disposition, be more understanding, control my temper
2. Improve my character, live a better life
3. Stop smoking, smoke less 4. Save more money
5. Stop drinking, drink less
6. Be more religious, go to church more often
7. Be more efficient, do a better job 8. Take better care of my health
9. Take greater part in home life 10. Lose (or gain) weight
Next week we’ll give you the list of today’s most common resolutions.